WILSON SONSINI GOODRICH & ROSATI
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati is the premier legal advisor to technology, life sciences, and growth enterprises worldwide, as well as the venture firms, private equity firms, and investment banks that finance them. We represent companies from entrepreneurial start-ups to multibillion-dollar global corporations at every stage of development. The firm's attorneys collaborate across a comprehensive range of practice areas and industry groups to help the management, boards of directors, shareholders, and in-house counsel of our clients address their most pressing challenges and pursue their most promising opportunities.
The firm is nationally recognized for providing high-quality services to address the legal solutions required by its enterprise and financial institution clients. Our services include corporate law and governance, public and private offerings of equity and debt securities, mergers and acquisitions, securities class action litigation, intellectual property litigation, antitrust counseling and litigation, joint ventures and strategic alliances, technology licensing and other intellectual property transactions, tax, and employee benefits and employment law, among other areas.
Our clients are companies and other entities that compete in rapidly developing and innovative industries, including the biotech, communications, digital media, energy, financial services, medical devices, software and other sectors.
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati has offices in Austin; Beijing; Boston; Brussels; Hong Kong; London; Los Angeles; New York; Palo Alto; San Diego; San Francisco; Seattle; Shanghai; Washington, D.C.; and Wilmington, DE.
Our Track Record
- Advise more than 300 public enterprises and 3,000 private companies
- Consistently named one of "America's Best Corporate Law Firms" by Corporate Board Member
- Represent more companies that receive venture financing than any other U.S. law firm and consistently rank No. 1 by Dow Jones VentureSource for the number of venture capital deals handled each year
- Have advised more U.S. companies in their initial public offerings than any other law firm since 1998
- Annually rank among the top 10 M&A advisors in the U.S. and represent more technology enterprises in mergers and acquisitions than any other U.S. law firm
- Consistently acknowledged as one of the nation's leading securities litigation firms
- Litigated more than 200 patent lawsuits throughout the U.S. over the past five years and rank among the country's top law firms by number of patent cases defended
- Ranked among the top 15 percent of all law firms for both IP litigation and securities and finance litigation based on feedback from corporate counsel at the world's largest companies
- Recognized among the top firms in The American Lawyer's annual Diversity Scorecard and Law360's 2017 Diversity Snapshot rankings, based on our high percentages of minority attorneys and partners
- Provide more than 45,000 hours of pro bono legal work annually
With long-standing roots in Silicon Valley and 15 offices in technology, business, and regulatory hubs worldwide, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati has a national presence with a global reach. Over the past five decades, we have developed a wide-ranging international practice, with particular strength in North America, Asia, and Europe.
Our global experience includes the representation of both U.S. and international clients in such matters as litigation, cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, competition law, intellectual property counseling, and branch operations. Our clients span a broad array of industries, from energy to media and Internet, medical devices to food services, pharmaceuticals to many technology sectors.
Our roster of attorneys includes many multilingual speakers who have worked at law firms throughout the world, giving them experience and familiarity with international laws and regulations, courts, trade commissions, and other government agencies. In addition, our extensive network of alliances with leading law firms in major global markets enables us to provide our clients with the highest quality and consistency of legal representation and service.